Panorama - Aboyne, Tarland, Birse

Panorama - Aboyne, Tarland, Birse
Walk with Me: you can click on (some of) the pics to enlarge them

Wednesday 23 May 2007

A Story in Pictures

A sunny afternoon and a mission. Heavy rucksack on my back, carrying a replacement waterproof coat for one of the challengers, and more, I set out to meet them somewhere between the road and . . . that peak up there.


I walked . . .



and walked . . .
and walked . . .

further and further . . . wondering what I'd do if I didn't meet them or see them in the distance on the hill . . .
And suddenly from within the wood came a figure - the right figure - and before I'd got my finger on the camera he'd found a seat and was inviting me to sit down.
Then the next team member turned up . . . and soon all four were together enjoying the goodies from my rucksack (fresh fruit, cream cake, hot tea).

We watched the lambs at play and basked in the evening sunshine. . .
Then soon it was time for the challengers to seek a suitable camp site and settle for the night.


And I made my way home, the sun behind me, the colours and shadows ever more dramatic.






Before getting out of sight I looked back . . .

and they'd put up the two tents already. (They are in the centre of the picture: click on it to magnify it, they are so far away the quality is lost. Luckily, I am not.)

No comments: